Unlocked Cell phones blog - Discuss Unlocked phones
Unlocked cell phones blog - We discuss latest no contract cell phones including smartphones, android phones and more. Affordable phones that are new and without contract are great way to break free from contract
Unlocked Motorola Moto G - the Ultimate Budget Smartphone
After weeks of leaked information and rumors, Motorola finally launched the Moto G and it starts at only $179, for the 8GB version. The 16GB version isn’t much more expensive, setting us back at only $199. So, it may not make much sense to purchase the 8GB version of the phone, since users can double the internal storage capacity for a measly $20. By following on the customization concept of Moto X, the G offers us a nice design. While the phone isn’t the most capable model in the market, it is surely a solid option for users who don’t really want to spend too much money for an Android smartphone. So, take a look at these seven reasons why the Motorola Moto G is the best budget Android smartphone in the market.
- It has 4.5-inch 720p display: The Motorola Moto G isn’t a Samsung Galaxy S4 killer that boasts a 5-inch display. But, the company’s decision to include a reasonably large 4.5-inch display is rather surprising for budget-conscious users. At that size, the phone easily beats the iPhone 5S with its smaller 4-inch display. The 720p screen resolution surely deserves its own mention. It may not be the latest and greatest full HD resolution, but Motorola still manages to cram a lot of pixels into the display. With 329ppi of pixel density, the Moto G roughly matches the Apple’s Retina Display used on the iPhone 5S, delivering a stellar visual experience. It’s surely impressive for a phone that is designed to be affordable.
- The price is unbeatable: Any budget-conscious users find it difficult to argue with the attractive price of the Moto G. With 8GB of internal storage the phone goes for only $17 and for 16GB of internal storage, it jumps only $20 higher, at $199. At this price, the phone is apt to get more than a few fans in budget phone market. Something that must be clarified is that the price isn’t for the usual 2-year contract agreement. Yes, the Motorola G is only $179 or $199, contract-free and unlocked. If this doesn’t make the phone even more intriguing to prepaid smartphone users, what will?
- It has good customization option: When Motorola released the Moto X, customization is a central component in the company’s mobile strategy. Motorola is offering colorful shells to help users change the aesthetics of the device. The customization options are nice and that could make us wonder what the company would drum up next.
- It has decent processor: No, the Motorola Moto G isn’t powered by a groundbreaking processor. But obviously, the 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 quad-core processor is no slouch. With this processor, consumers could have plenty of opportunity to try more hardware-intensive apps, and they could be surprised to find the phone can go awfully far.
- Internal storage options are enough: Of course, 8GB of internal storage doesn’t sound like much and the phone doesn’t even have microSD card slot. But, at $20 more, the 16GB is surely a better option. It depends on how we use the phone; we can still store dozens of 720p movies and hundreds of MP3 songs inside the phone. Google also offers two years of free access to 50GB of cloud storage with Google Drive. If users know how to manage the available resources, storage shouldn’t be an issue.
- Android 4.4 KitKat update will soon arrive: The Motorola Moto G arrived with the last Jelly Bean release, the Android 4.3. The company promises that it will soon provide free upgrade to KitKat.
- It has Motorola Migrate: The Motorola Migrate is a data transfer app that allows users to move or copy their SIM contacts, music, photos, videos, texts and call histories from any smartphone to the Moto G. Granted, other syncing services including Apple iCloud can do the same, however this kind of feature is usually unavailable in affordable devices. Kudos to Motorola for including it with the Moto G.
Ten Reasons Users Should Choose HTC One Max
The phablet market became a little bit more crowded when HTC launched the One Max. With its massive 5.9-inch full HD display, the phone positively earns its “Max” designation. The phone also comes with improved UltraPixel camera solution and improved audio quality. The Taiwan-based company sees to have a lot riding on the device and the One Max is without doubt the best smartphone the company has ever launched in terms of capabilities and features. The phone nicely complements other models in the One family and it would be suitable for consumers who find the original One and the low-cost One Mini too small. As a response to other Android manufacturers, HTC seems to cram as many features as possible inside the slim chassis of the One Max.
Consumers in some market, including the United States, typically show little inclination to purchase products from the company, but these considerations could change their mind:
- Decent processor: Like its smaller sibling, the One Max is equipped with 1.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 quad-core processor. It is capable enough for handling complex processes and demanding 3D games. Granted, it is somewhat disappointing that the company didn’t opt for the faster Snapdragon 800. Since the LG G2, Nokia Lumia 1520 and Samsung Galaxy Note 3 arrived with the faster processor; some consumers could view the One Max as a second-rate option in the high-end smartphone category.
- It is a One device: The company may have called the phone anything it wanted. But HTC’s new phablet is associated with the popular “One” moniker. It has become HTC’s new brand identity and it is logical for the company to integrate its finest device into the “One” family.
- Good carrier support: Verizon is HTC’s primary representative in the US market. The HTC One Max comes with 4G support and users can join 100 million other subscribers in the network to access the reliable connection. The carrier has been quite selective with its smartphone choices nowadays, so it could see something special with the One Max.
- Good storage options: The HTC One Max comes with 32GB of internal storage out of the box and users can still insert up to 64GB of microSD card into the external memory slot. The iPhone and other microSD-less smartphone models have caused all sorts of problem for serious users who typically watch HD movies and install many resource-intensive apps. Users can potentially get a total of 96GB of storage space from the HTC One Max, which would be a nice selling point.
- Good battery life: HTC manages to squeeze an impressive amount of battery life out of the One Max. The company claims that the phone can last nearly 600 hours on standby and more than a day of continuous talk time with the 3G network. As a comparison, the iPhone 5S offers only 250 hours of standby time and 10 hours of talk time.
- Large high resolution display: The 5.9-inch display is the most striking feature of the HTC One Max. It is designed primarily for enjoyable gaming, online and multimedia experience. The sheer size and high definition visuals would make the One Max looks more like a compact tablet in the consumers’ hands. Although, the Nokia 1520 and Sony Xperia Z Ultra have been available for purchase; the display of HTC Max is still physically huge by today’s standards.
- Thin chassis: Despite the huge display, the company still does a marvellous job of making the device slim. At 10mm, it is thin enough and won’t feel bulky in most pockets. One possible issue with the phone is that it could stick out of a small purse or tight pocket, due to its large dimension. But overall, users should find it quite manageable.
- Fingerprint scanner: The TouchID scanner on the iPhone 5S can help user to access the device by just tapping with the thumb. To provide a similar level of security, the One Max also comes with its own fingerprint scanning technology. However, it should be noted that biometric methods are not fool-proof technology, since some security experts have found possible ways hackers could do to circumvent them.
- Better UltraPixel camera: With the improved UltraPixel camera, the One Max can deliver outstanding images with its rear-facing lens. That’s possible in part to the improved flash, higher pixel density, updated aperture and enhanced sensor.
- Good Android implementation. HTC has dabbled in Microsoft’s Windows Phone OS before, but eventually the company chose Android is its primary software platform. Apparently, the company is going to live or die using Android. Consequently, the company delivers its own unique implementation with the One Max. The Sense UI delivers additional functionality that others can’t get with stock Android builds.
Buying a smart phone may not be easy these days with the range of options available in the market today. However, the Motorola Droid Razr HD is one of its kind and offers some excellent features for the users by promising some great performance. This handset is well constructed and looks sturdy and durable at the same time measures about 5.2 inches tall x 2.7 inches width X 0.33 inch in thickness. It comes with a 4.7 inch screen display and is bit thicker than some of its previous Droid versions. This smart phone weighs around 5.2 oz which is slightly heavier than the other devices but it is definitely easy to carry as the other handsets.
The Motorola Droid Razr HD sports a luxurious look with a Kevlar back display, Gorilla Glass in the front along with a unique silver metal band along the edges. Unlike the other handsets, it does not have the plastic touch or feeling and looks pretty decent. In addition, it also comes with a protective nanocoating surface on the front to protect the surface from any kind of spills. This device also offers Super AMOLED HD display built using the Pentile technology that may not be very impressive for some users. However, the 720p screen resolution offers a clear and crisp display with absolutely no pixilation.
In addition, the Motorola Droid Razr HD comes with a virtual keyboard that allows for navigation instead of the physical buttons. It also provides a separate micro-USB and micro-HDMI ports that does not require a different adaptor to be connected to the TV. Along the left side of the phone, a micro SD slot has been provided for the benefit of the users, which is again distinct from the other smartphones available in the market. The Motorola Droid Razr HD is powered by 1.5 dual- core processor along with 1GB RAM. This allows for faster loading of applications and makes browsing speedier than ever before using this handset.
The battery life on the Motorola Droid Razr HD is excellent and capable of running for the entire day and comes with 2530mAh non removable battery. It comes with a 16 GB internal storage with about 11 GB that is available for actual usage. It also allows you to add 32 GB of external storage using the micro SD slot by using you own card. The 8 megapixel camera at the back with the 1.3 megapixel in the front allows you to capture some of the best panoramic views using your device.
Now, the Motorola Droid Razr HD comes with slightly modified version of the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich along with its custom UI. However, this may be slightly disappointing for the users who expected an upgrade to the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. There are a few interesting software features that helps in simplifying a some tasks for the users. Otherwise, the Motorola Droid Razr HD is quite impressive as a complete package with a great battery life and provides a good smartphone experience to the users.
With the launch of the Nokia Lumia 920, there are rising hopes and expectations among the consumers about this smart phone in the market. This flagship model from Nokia has made some improvements compared to the previous versions by including some innovative features. Nokia Lumia 920 has a better screen design with a polycarbonate body and available in Sunshine Yellow color. There will be other colors such as Lipstick Red and Slate Red that may also be soon available in the market. This device is quite colorful and comes with a 4.5 inch high definition screen, Nokia Pure Motion HD Plus along with WXGA resolution 1,280x768.
The new Nokia Lumia 920 comes with a 2000mAh battery which is one of the largest varieties that has been ever introduced in their phones. It is powered with the 1.5 GHz Snapdragon S4 processor that is capable of boosting the battery efficiency in the device. The new improved ClearBlack display filter helps to cut down on glare that offers better clarity with improved images. In addition, this smart phone has 8.7 megapixel f2.0 camera with a floating lens that is capable of correcting shakiness to provide better stability to the camera. Besides, this handset works on the Windows Phone 8 OS and comes with some exclusive features for the benefit of the users.
This smart phone device has built-in charging capabilities and allows you to instantly charge the phone using any of the wireless chargers. In addition to the powerful processor, the Nokia Lumia 920 offers NFC capabilities and provides some extras such as Tap+Share that allows to take excellent screenshots using the home and power buttons. This Nokia handset can be great for playing movies, viewing snaps and also for surfing the web. However the Windows 8 operating system offers a clean tile arrangement and a smooth and easy to use interface.
In short, the Nokia Lumia 920 has some excellent features that make it unique from the other smart phone devices in the market. The brilliant display, camera features and the Windows 8 operating system can provide some great experience to the users. In addition, it also offers 4G LTE network that helps in quick download to provide a faster and better entertainment experience. Besides, the 32 giga bytesof storage with an additional 7 gigabyte through online storage device can help in storing maximum amount of data and save vital files and documents as well.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 offers some stunning features for the users along with a large 5.5 inch screen that looks similar to the tablet. Of course, it may be a bit more expensive due to some of the extra features and regarded to be best among the high end smart phones. With great aesthetics and design, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 resembles a lot like the Samsung Galaxy 3 and offers greater functionality to the users. The sleek design of this phone with more width and greater length makes it less comfortable to have a grip. Besides, the phone has a solid construction and does not have that metallic feel like the rest of the smart phones available in the market.
Compared to its previous version, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is much slimmer and weighs around 177 gms and measures 9.4 mm in thickness. In addition, it comes with other standard features including the microSD slot that allows for a further memory upgrade, removable battery cover, microUSB port along with a 3.5 mm headphone jack up. The best accessory available with the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 includes the re-modeled S-Pen stylus that provides better ergonomics and comes with a select button along with a rubber tip. This device comes with Super AMOLED Plus screen with a 720 by 1280 resolution which is similar to the Samsung Galaxy S3.
However, this phone does not offer the best resolution to the users but scores maximum,when it comes to the high quality of the screen. It offers a completely new experience to the users while watching movies on the large screen with some great background contrast suitable for viewing dark scenes. The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is powered by the latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean that makes it very easy and fast to manage applications. The quad-core 1.6 GHz Exynos 4412 processor is a lot faster as compared to the Samsung Galaxy S3 along with a 2 GB RAM. However, the TouchWiz UI along with the Jelly Bean offers interesting app icons, new widgets along with a range of other applications.
There are plenty of applications that can be accessed using the S-Pen stylus including the Air View, S-Planner Calendar powered by the Wacom digitiser which is in-built into this phone. The S-Pen is capable of sensing different levels of pressure using the pointer to pinpoint the exact position of the stylus when it is slightly away from the screen. In addition, the OCR keyboard from Samsung allows for the use of the stylus for taking notes, prepare mind maps and work out presentations.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is in great demand due to some of its top-notch features that makes it truly distinct from the other smart phone devices available today. Great call quality, high performance, smooth and fast browsing experience with access to a range of apps make this device extremely versatile and handy for the users.
There are plenty of good looking smart phones available in the market today with lot of interesting features to match with the device. However, the Sony Xperia has a distinct charm of its own and looks sleek and stylish at the same time. Among the other handsets, Sony Xperia U offers a smooth and fast Android 2.3 Gingerbread with a 3.5 inch screen display, 1.5 GHz processor with a 480x 854 p at an affordable price for the users. It is one of the smallest of handsets in the Xperia range of devices that makes it convenient and easy to carry anywhere. This device comes enclosed in an angular case similar to the Xperia S and Xperia P with a plastic strip that comes as part of the design feature.
The construction is pretty solid and sturdy at the same time made using plastic that looks attractive to the users. There are three capacitive buttons right below the display that is indicated with silvery dots and provides information about the buttons to the new users of Android. At the same time, the touch areas are big and sensitive that makes it smooth and easy to operate the device. In addition, there is a front facing VGA camera that is suitable for capturing some low resolution images.
Sony Xperia U offers simple and straightforward messaging system that makes it easy to send messages across to the users. At the same time, the QWERTY keyboard is quite fast, responsive and accurate that makes it extremely user friendly to complete all the tasks. In addition, the web browsing experience on the Sony Xperia U allows for quick and easy loading of pages that makes text zoom allowing for better readability. The call quality on the
Sony Xperia U is reasonable and not that excellent but the sound quality with the headphones is quite impressive.
On the other hand, Sony Xperia U offers Android 2.3 which is two generations behind the new Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich that is available on most the new devices. However, the Xperia S comes with the Android 4.0 OS that offers some interesting features including the ICS multitasking menu, more improved apps, widgets that can be resized with greater performance.
However, the Sony Xperia U can be a great budget phone that is packed with some nice features for the users who wish to experiment with their first smart phone device.
With so much of speculation doing rounds about the newly released iPhone 5, there are some outstanding features that makes it unique from the other smart phones available in the market. The iPhone 5 is one of the thinnest, lightest and fastest device that is made with a high level of precision using the latest LTE technology. It weighs merely 112 gms and is 7.5 mms thin that makes it 18% thinner, 20% lighter with 12% less volume as compared to its previous iPhone versions. The 4-inch Retina screen display is truly remarkable and enables you to have quick access to view more of your web page, inbox messages or other regularly used applications.
Here are some of the other remarkable features that you may be able to find in iPhone 5:
-Faster wireless connectivity
Now, you can experience greater cellular connectivity using the iPhone 5 device as it supports almost all kinds of networks across the world including HSPA+ and the DC-HSDPA. This allows you to have unlimited Internet access and download any content at extremely high speeds that you could have ever imagined. Apple has integrated the 4G LTE technology into their latest device to increase the speed and also conserve the battery life of the smartphone.
-Enhanced audio feature
With its relentless efforts of providing the best audio experience to its users, Apple designers have come up with the unique-Apple Earpods. There were nearly hundreds of prototypes tested on a large number of people to come up with the perfect earphones that fit and sit comfortably in the ears. So unlike the costly headphones available in the market, iPhone 5 offers better sound quality with focus on more clear audio output based on the new noise cancelling technology. There are 3 microphones-one located at the front, the second one at the back and third one at the bottom of the phone allowing users to listen to crisp and clear audio sounds from a chosen location.
-Greater performance with improved speed
iPhone 5 takes care of almost all the browsing needs of the users by offering enhanced performance with its new A6 chip. Now it is much easier to launch most of the applications instantly as it opens all your e-mail attachments or helps to view a web page in a few seconds. The A6 chip that is specifically designed to work with the IOS 6 is capable of providing better performance to the users with higher processing speeds. This allows the users to have greater battery life on their device that can be used for eight hours of browsing, eight hours of talk time and almost ten hours of video playback time.
-Better viewing experience
Now it is possible to capture some stunning images with a high level of precision and detail using the iSight camera on the iPhone 5. This is far more improved in the latest version as compared to the 4S as it provides a panoramic view with more clear and crisp images than before. It also guarantees superior HD video recording output and allows face detection up to 10 faces with focus on greater clarity with less distortion.
The Samsung Galaxy S3, the official phone of the 2012 Summer Olympics runs on Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. The Galaxy S3 uses a Super HD AMOLED display at 4.8 inches with 16million colors and a 720p HD resolution. It is made out of a polycarbonate component with a glossy coating giving you a sleek professional look it is also available in Glossy White and Ceramic Blue
With a 1.4 GHz quad-core Cortex-A9 and 1.5 GHz dual-core Krait (for other versions) the Samsung Galaxy is definitely a powerful smartphone. It also comes with 1GB of built in RAM which allow you to run several applications at the same time without nay lag. The handset only weighs 133grams with a size of 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm.
The Samsung Galaxy is equipped with an 8megapixel camera with flash and can take simultaneous HD photo and image recording; record videos at 30 frames per second. If you are into photography the Samsung Glaxay S3 has a few features that you would enjoy such as: built in are aperture f/2.6, Autofocus, zero lag, Smile and face detection and Image stabilization.
Store endless amounts of photo and video with the 16GB and 32GB internals storage and if that is not enough you can expand up to 64GB with a microSDXC card slot.
The Galaxy S3 is equipped with the latest Fourth Generation Network or LTE to ensure the fastest connection available. Transfer files instantly with Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP + EDR, and connect with USB 2.0 and USB On the go. With the standard smartphone Wi-Fi you can also share you internet connection by making your Galaxy S3 a Wi-Fi Hotspot. Make the use of technology as this smartphone has built in Near Far technology, so you can make contactless transactions and activities. The Galaxy S3 has a number of keys including a home button located below the screen, a volume key on the left side and a power/lock key on the right.
The Galaxy S3 has a custom built skin using Samsung’s own TouchWiz UI 4.0. It’s simple yet fluid and has wonderful designs of the native icons, widgets and layout.
The Galaxy S3 uses a Standard Li-Ion 2100 mAh battery than allow you to make up to 11 hours of 3G calls and up to 720 hours of standby time on 3G.
- 4.8-inch Super HD AMOLED screen @ 1280×720 pixels (306ppi)
- 1.4GHz Samsung Exynos 4 Quad processor
- Mali-400MP GPU
- 1GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage
- up to 32GB via microSD card
- HSPA+ up to 21Mbps
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash
- 1080p @ 30fps video recording
- 1.9MP front-facing camera
- 720p HD video recording
- Bluetooth 4.0
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n with WiFi Bonding
- 2,100mAh Li-Ion battery
- Android 4.0 ICS with TouchWiz UX
- 8.6mm thickness, 133gram weight
With a HD Super AMOLED screen size of 5.3” the Samsung Galaxy Note will never fail to satisfy to you. The Samsung Galaxy Note runs on Android 4.0 Ice Cream and weighs only 178grams at 146.9x83mm.
Save important files with the 16GB and 32GB internal storage and if you ever need more space the Galaxy Note has a microSD slot for up to 32GB worth of storage. No more lag when running applications with the 1GB built in RAM and a dual-core 1.4Ghz ARM Cortex A9 Exynos processor or a 1.5 GHz Snapdragon S3 processor for other versions.
Connectivity will not be an issue as the Galaxy note has Quad-band HSPA+ mobile network support and Long Term Evolution or LTE support for undisrupted coverage. Other connections include Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 3.0 for even faster Bluetooth transfers, Micro USB 2.0 and Optical near Field Technology or NFC.
This smartphone uses a Standard Li-Ion 2500 mAh battery that can last up to 13 hours of 3G talk time and up to 820 hours of 3G stand-by time.
The Galaxy Note has a slate design which is built from plastic with a metallized rim. The front panel is made from Gorilla Glass, which is a strengthened glass used for high end devices.
The front of the Galaxy Note has a home button to navigate your way around, two illuminated touch pads: Menu and Back. It also has a front 2megapixel camera which is excellent for video calling. At the back of the Galaxy note is an 8megapixel camera with autofocus and single flash, capable of recording 1080p Full HD videos at 30 frames per second. The metallic rim caters a range of controls: at the top lies the 4-pole 3.5mm jack socket for your headset, a standard micro-USB socket for instant data transfers, a well for storing the stylus and the sides have on0ff ad volume controls.
In the box you get the Samsung Galaxy Note, Stereo Headset, Stylus, Adapter, Charger, 2500 mAh Battery and Documentation.
- 2G Network: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G Network: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- LTE support
- Dimensions: 146.9 x 83 x 9.7 mm
- Weight: 178 g
- Display: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors 800 x 1280 pixels, 5.3 inches (285 ppi pixel density) - Gorilla Glass display
- Multi-touch input method
- Accelerometer sensor for UI auto-rotate
- Touch-sensitive controls
- Proximity sensor for auto turn-off
- Gyroscope sensor
- 3.5mm jack
- Internal Memory: 16GB/32GB storage
- RAM: 1GB
- microSD, up to 32GB
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bluetooth v3.0+HS
- USB v2.0 microUSB (MHL), USB On-the-go
- Camera: 8 MP, 3264x2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
- Video Recording: 1080p@30fps
- Secondary Camera: 2 MP
- OS: Android OS 4.0 (Ice Cream)
- CPU: Dual-core 1.4GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor, Mali-400MP GPU, Exynos chipset
- S Pen stylus
- NFC support (optional)
- Stereo FM radio with RDS
- Adobe Flash 10.1 support
- Battery: Standard battery, Li-Ion 2500 mAh